Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Countdown

Three days till the retreat.  I have suddenly realized how much I have to do.  I finally made the two beds for the bead strand and they are in my vibratory tumbler right now.  I made them GIANT; hollow and about the size of a ping pong ball. 
 The required color theme is black and  white, first tried the Jupiter bead technique including over baking and chopping clay but found that a little black goes a really long way.   The beads looked  gray, gray, gray crumbles with a few black chunky parts and smudges and  tiny streaks of white.  Kind like something that was kicked out of the cat little box.  The great thing about PC is you can just smush it up start over.  I think the final Mokume Gane version came out pretty darn good. 
Now I am on to my 10 swap pieces, I say "pieces" because I have no  idea what to make. The theme is Hands Across the Water...I think. Perhaps some swirling alcohol ink will come into play. Oh hell forget the ink, how about some alcohol for inspiration.   Sometimes the most unexpected things come out of  the most unplanned experiment.
I just got a call from a woman in my PC guild that was going to the retreat.  Her husband had a reaction to a medical procedure and is now having very serious complication. and had to go to Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota.  So, if my biggest worry tonight is PC I have it pretty good.  So, I am sending my thoughts and prayers to Becky and Richard's.  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment